Reasons why Aidan is AMAZING:
- From day one, he can already lift his head and look around when he's on his tummy. So strong!!
- He's a champ at nursing (a few bumps along the way, but I think we've got it!)
- He's smiling and giggling and there's NO WAY it's just gas
- He has a football-shaped face (think Stewie from Family Guy or Cartman)
- He followed daddy out of the room (at least three feet away!!) with his eyes and face
- He's pretty much the softest thing we've ever touched. And we're not exaggerating
I'll post more as I discover them. :-)
So today is day six in the life of Aidan and day four of being back home. Matt and I have camped on the main floor of the house for now because I shouldn't be walking stairs too much in my healing condition. The place is a MESS, but whatever. :-) Matt is being the best husband and father--letting me nap when I need it, cooking and cleaning, getting Aidan to settle down when we had some nursing issues and I needed to stop for a minute, ...the list goes on and on. I couldn't be anymore blessed with my husband and son!
Yesterday we had our first major outting--we went to the Breastfeeding Resource Center and then to the pediatrician. Two things in one day is almost too much! Having a baby really does slow things down. I need to start seriously getting ready to go at least 20 minutes earlier than I would have otherwise. The BF resource center helped us out a lot with nursing and the pediatrician said that he has very mild jaundice--nothing to worry about. No billi lights for us! Everyone was impressed with how well he's eating and...excreting what he's eating. :-)
We're starting to really understand what it means to be up at night with a baby. Actually Sunday night Aidan did amazing--he only got up twice in the night and slept until 8:00. I don't expect that to become a norm yet though. Last night it was back to being up every 1-2 hours. He's totally worth it though. It's so peaceful going into the empty living room with nothing but our Christmas lights on, talking to him while he nurses, watching him grin at the breast when he's had enough to eat and his tummy is happy, burping him on my shoulder while feeling his fuzzy down-soft hair on my cheek. Motherhood is pretty much THE best thing ever. :-)
Well, he's sleeping now and I'd like to spend some quality time with my superman of a husband. I hope all is well! Christmas is only three days away!!!
- Corey
Yaaaaaaaaay Aidan! He is the most amazing thing ever :)
ReplyDelete