Merry Christmas from the Stefanicks!!
What a great Christmas it was. We're SO thankful to have our little boy celebrate it with us. We finally took him out into the world (other than doctors' appointments) on Christmas Eve. We'd been cooped up long enough, so I put on my Moby wrap and we ventured out to Target. It wasn't nearly as crazy as I thought it would be and Aidan seemed to like the carrier--he slept through most of our wanderings through the aisles. We went to my grandma's house for the annual crazy Donahue Christmas gathering. There were at least 35 people there, all of them talking as loud as they can to each other. Aidan slept through all of that as well. He's a true Donahue! I think he'll do well. :-) It's good to know that he can sleep through just about anything.
We were a bit slow going on Christmas morning. Aidan hasn't figured out nights and days yet (and I'm assuming he won't for a little bit). He finally went to sleep around 4 AM on Christmas morning. Sadly we missed church because of that, but I think God understands babies' schedules. :-) We hung out with my family most of the day and again Aidan slept most of the day.
It's been snowing pretty steadily since yesterday so Matt go to try out his new snow thrower!! I got it for him for Christmas because the driveway at our new house is probably twice as long as our old one. I hated the idea of him spending hours clearing it so we could get out. He's very giddy about getting to use it. :-) I think this made snow removal 100x more fun. It's still snowing now and it's sooo pretty. Sadly it's too cold to be good for making snowmen. Aidan will have to learn that another day.
He really has such a great personality. I told Matt that we need to bring the camcorder up and record him waking up some morning soon. He takes a while to actually fully wake up and all the while he coos and squeaks and sighs. When he opens his eyes and I greet him, a lot of times he'll give me the most wonderful toothless smile. I'm pretty sure he has a dimple on his right cheek too! I don't care what other people have told me, these smiles can't be just gas. He smiles ALL the time it seems. A lot of it seems to be in response to us talking or playing with him. Pretty sure I have a child genius. :-) The other day I was reading Goodnight Moon to him, holding up the book so that he could see my face and the book. His eyes went back and forth between the two as if he was really listening to me read the story and looking at the pictures. So smart!!
We're looking forward to the next week because Matt is still off work and his parents are coming to stay for the week. I'm so glad they get to meet Aidan! Originally they weren't going to be able to come out until the week of Martin Luther King Jr. weekend, which would put our little bambino at 1 month old. They would have completely missed out on the super tiny baby phase. They'll be arriving tomorrow so right now we're trying to clean up the house a bit. It looks like baby and Christmas exploded everywhere. Mittens, booties, blankets, gift bags...EVERYTHING is EVERYWHERE! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
- Corey
"He smiles all the time!" Translation: he has gas all the time! :)
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, Corey, who cares. It's cute and heart-warming whether it's intentional or unintentional. Thanks for sharing him with me on Christmas day.