
It's been almost a month since I posted last. And now you know...I'm TERRIBLE at keeping up with stuff like this. Mostly my reason for it now is because Aidan is either eating or sleeping, and he must do both in my arms.
Life has been good! It was so nice having Matt's parents stay with us the week after Christmas. They helped out SO much and made a ton of food for us to freeze for later. We actually all stayed up on New Year's to watch the ball drop too--even Aidan! It was sad to see them go and I know they're going to miss Aidan like crazy (who wouldn't?!).
I just got through my third week with Aidan on our own. The days actually go by pretty fast! He varies so much on whether or not he has a "good night," but usually he wakes up around 5 or 6 AM to eat and goes back to sleep until 8 or 9, so I sleep with him and take another morning nap with him. I feel like a big slacker sleeping in that late, but boy howdy do I need it. So many people ask me if he's sleeping through the night. Are people crazy?? It's only the very very few lucky parents who have a baby that sleeps through the night at this point, or at any point before the baby is a year old it seems. And I certainly don't expect him to! Right now he sleeps in two hour stretches at night if I'm lucky. He's been having some pretty nasty gas pains that either keep him up crying or wake him/me up briefly with grunting and squirming. Poor guy. But I kind of like the night...it's so peaceful with our nightlight on and it's just him and me nursing. Even after the worst nights, he still has me wrapped around his finger in the morning. He's sooo adorable and I'm absolutely in love.
So what's new: he's getting HUGE!! Since he's eating all the time (almost literally), he's starting to fill out. He's got an awesome double chin, a wonderful round belly, and his thighs are starting to look chunky. I love chubby babies. :-) We weighed him with his diaper and clothes on at my doctor's today and he came in at a cool 12.2 lbs. Holy cow!! He's starting to lose hair, or as Matt says--his head is growing out of his hair. Matt calls it his Benjamin Franklin haircut. His eyes aren't the inky gray-blue anymore. They're a really pretty color of dark blue. He's starting to smile AT me, not just when he has gas or at his toys. It's the most wonderful feeling having him grin at me!
I still say he's the smartest baby. He "talks" to his toys on the playmat (I call them his 'friends') and he's starting to use the consonant sounds of g and n--guuu and naaa. Of course, this is when he's crying, but I still count it. :-) I'm going to post a couple of videos of him talking with his friends. I hope you enjoy! I'll also post his one month "portraits" taken by yours truly. I'm planning on taking a monthly picture next to his toy penguin so you can see just how fast our little guy is growing. There's also a video here of Matt dancing with Aidan. So precious.
Finally, here's a link to a lot of pictures we took this month.
Aidan and Daddy dance to the White Stripes
Aidan makes you a present!
Aidan in the morning

Do you know the videos above won't play? If you click on the play button, a message is displayed that says:
ReplyDeleteTHE VIDEO IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.
:( And I was looking forward to seeing Matt dance.
Disregard or delete my previous comment. For some reason, they're now "available." Strange. But I'm glad.
ReplyDelete